ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Does anyone know where to get the little plastic dead front cover for the intermatic timers

Greg Fretwell
Cat Servant
If you mean the little ones, that replace a light switch .... count your blessings it still works!

I've used every variety of them - Intermatic has two basic types - and all have gone bad after very brief periods. The current model is still switching automatically, but you cannot operate the switch manually, or change the program.

I'd just buy another one of these $35 gizmos, then hold on to the guts. You're soon to need them!

G
I am talking about the water heater type with the yellow wheel and trippers. That floppy plastic cover over the terminals seems to break or get lost and the terminals are exposed.

Greg Fretwell
J
When the cover is closed the terminals are are no longer exposed. I have no idea where you can locate the finger safe plastic card. It is not a safety issue unless you have no cover. The timer is probably less money than the piece you want. Shipping will be a minimum of $9.00 where we live.

E
I would make one out of some plastic from the office supply company.

Earl
It is not a safety issue unless you have no cover.

The cover must be opened to adjust the timer, and your finger's not even an inch away from the exposed terminals.
In order to manually operate an Intermatic timer, the fingers must be solidly grounded to the operating handle, and the finger is about 1/4" away from the exposed terminals.

I see a safety issue with that.

(I don't know where you'd get one, either.)

W
This is from the Intermatic website Q&A -
The product I purchased is missing parts or came with broken parts. What should I do?
Please call (800) 492-2289 for missing or damaged parts.

The timer is Model T103D89

Good Luck

G
My wife has over a dozen of these timers at her golf course and at least half of the covers are damaged or missing.
This has been identified as a safety problem in a safety evaluation. Employees are expected to be moving those trippers when the schedules change and all the manufacturer's guards are not in place. This is the kind of thing that makes a workman's comp attorney's nipples get hard. I find it hard to believe these are not sold everywhere although we seem split between "problem" and "no big deal" here. I will try the phone number but that really sounds like a quality control line for new in the box products missing parts, not a replacement parts line.

Greg Fretwell
B
Greg, I get them at my supply house. I think they are 4 or 5 dollars. Your supply house that deals with Intermatic should be able to get them. I need them whenever a home inspector tags a pool timer. They only carry the ones with the 240 diagram on them, but that's what most of them are anyway.

G
My wife's electrician says he can't find them locally but I guess I will call around. I know some guys have their favorite supply house and don't shop. I was surprised I came up empty on the internet. I am guessing I just didn't find the right site.

Greg Fretwell
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard