ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 266 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Can't get the cover on, access too small and gas line in the way.

- HCE727

[Linked Image from electrical-photos.com]

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

W
At least there is a window close to help vent some of the blast from the explosion if one occurs!!! I have customers ask me if their panel is safe because it is missing one screw on the cover. Never seen a panel with a gas line nearly inside it.

Jimmy

Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid
S
I usually dont say too much but this time what the heck (not what i wanted to say) were they thinking. I cannot belive this. Everytime i think this is the best hack job in the world you guys come up with this. TOTALLY UNBELIVEABLE Please let us know how this turned out. I am absolutley at a loss for words. A priceless picture that i copied for my old age. UNBELIVEABLE

M
It looks like there was never any intention of putting the cover on this panel - probably long lost by now. It makes you wonder what kind of brain trust would come up with something this bad.

I hope both electic and gas utilities cut off and red-tag their services.

Mike (mamills)

N
That gas connector is NOT supposed to pass through walls and should be exposed for its entire length, and it's a old one too. Hacked up electrical "work" and gas lines do not go well together or seperate.

M
I'm with NORCAL on that one. Those copper-colored gas-flexes are an accident looking for a place to happen. We have had numerous fire calls from those things splitting apart when flexed once too often, or put into a bind - kinda like the one shown. Hiding it away inside a wall cavity is like burying your head in the sand.

It kinda looks like the gas was there long before the electric.

Mike (mamills)

P
What were they thinking? Oh, wait a minute, they weren't....... Unbelievable! shocked

N
A while back there was even a worse example of a gas/electric conflict posted here, but I couldn't find it in a search. In that case, an electrical service conduit was in place first, and then the gas fitter came by and NOTCHED the conduit (with conductors inside!) so he could run his gas pipe through the same space.

Looks like the electrician forgot the bushing on that service cable fitting, as well....

Looks like the electrician forgot the bushing on that service cable fitting, as well....

Electrician? Surely not!

And just to put the cherry on the cake, the moron put the gas tap facing in toward the conductors!

And is that a bit of gas pipe showing in the square hole in the sheetrock above the panel?

Last edited by Alan Belson; 11/05/07 08:23 PM.

Wood work but can't!
W
Originally Posted by Alan Belson
And just to put the cherry on the cake, the moron put the gas tap facing in toward the conductors!

Gas tap?? I think thats a valve

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard