ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

>> Home   >> Electrical-Photos   >> Classifieds   >> Subscribe to Newsletter   >> Store  
 

Advertisement:-Left

Custom and Personalized Fall Gifts and Decor
Halloween Gifts and Decor

Recent Gallery Topics:
What in Tarnation?
What in Tarnation?
by timmp, September 10
Plumber meets Electrician
Plumber meets Electrician
by timmp, September 10
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 535 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#165800 07/05/07 09:02 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 17
B
Junior Member
Hello all, I was told that on a vertical EMT pipe run you can support every 30 feet, but I cant find this in the code, is this true? Or does the 10 ft rule still apply?

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Workgear for Electricians

barbwire #165801 07/05/07 10:04 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 272
L
Member
The way I read it, 358.30(A) gives a general statement which covers this.

"EMT shall be securely fastened in place every 3m (10 ft)."

I could not find any other information though, I may be missing something here. There is an exeception to this if you are fishing a wall though.


Luke Clarke
Electrical Planner for TVA.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,055
Likes: 40
G
Member
Don't forget you also have to support the conductors if these risers get that tall.


Greg Fretwell
gfretwell #165860 07/06/07 04:05 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 17
B
Junior Member
Thanks for the responce, I couldn't find anything either, 10 ft it is.

barbwire #165903 07/07/07 11:21 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 399
A
Member
Greg mentioned conductor support it is located in section 300.19


Alan--
If it was easy, anyone could do it.
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 17
B
Junior Member
Yes, Thank you Guys, I referred to the table in 300.19, Thanks again.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5