ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Elvis, I am a recreational smoker. I smoke about 3 cigarettes a year and a few cigars. A box of Macanudos lasts me several years. If you smoke much more than that you are wasting the drug. You don't feel it. I can put on a little "buzz" with one cigarette but that will go away if you smoke every day.

Greg Fretwell
T
First of all....CONGRATS on the baby!!!
I gave up smoking on the third try many, many years ago. I had urges to smoke months after I quit. I had to tell myself "I'll never smoke another one". It's a very addictive drug and will take a great effort to kick. God give you strength mate. Stick with it for yourself, your wife & NEW BABY!!!!!

Dave

N
I gave up smoking 6 months ago, cold turkey. The first month was hard, removing the habit from my daily routine and fighting the intense cravings. I still get cravings every once in a while.

M
i used to smoke a pack a day for 10 years and about five years ago i quit. i was diagnosed with oral cancer, so it was real easy to quit. and congradulation on the baby, my wife and i just found out we are going to have a baby.

J
jmt Offline
mike ,congradulations on the little one and you giveing up smoking. even OZZY said that cigarrettes was the hardist drug that had to stop. good luck.

D
Mike here is how I quit, it sounds strange but worked for me. I kept a cig in my shirt pocket, and went through all the motions of smoking, I just never lit the thing.

J
I have been smoking for more than 30 years. I want to quit, I don't want to quit. In a couple of weeks I will be in the hospital for 3-4 days. This should be my opportunity since smoking is not allowed anywhere on hospital grounds. I wonder what will happen when I get out. This could be my chance. I hope I don't blow it!

P
A lot of people in England are going to be forced to cut back drastically.

From today -- July 1 -- it becomes illegal to smoke in any enclosed place which is a workplace or is otherwise open to the public, including shops, offices, restaurants, even work sheds and company vehicles.

In the usual nutty government fashion, the penalty for a business owner failing to display the mandatory "no smoking" signs is much higher than the penalty for breaking the smoking ban itself.

http://www.smokefreeengland.co.uk/

L
Here in Maryland it's been illegal to smoke in the workplace (including vehicles) and any enclosed building such as offices,stores,shops and such. Some cities and towns have passed laws making it illegal to smoke in any building including bars- even the private clubs like the moose .
I quit over 4 years ago. Just walked away from a pack to pack and half a day habit for 20 years! Haven't had a smoke since. It was tough at first but after the 2nd week it was a breeze. I still get the urge to have a Marlboro every now and then but it passes quickly. I do miss the occasional good cigar

P
Here's one fellow's take on smoking from 60 years ago!

Smoke, Smoke, Smoke That Cigarette (MP4, 2.7MB)

[Linked Image from myweb.tiscali.co.uk]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard