ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#164947 06/14/07 06:37 PM
E
Hi,

Anyone here taking the aptitude test for local 48 out of portland? I have my test for the apprenticeship on tuesday june 20th 2007 8am sharp. Can anyone tell me if you have taken it recently if there is other math on the test besides algebra such as add, sub, div, fractions ect? Did you feel you had plenty of time for the math part and the reading parts? I thank anyone here for any input you have for me, i'm nervous i just need to relax lol, its just that i hate the whole test thing anyways, i'm not a test guy lol.

thanks
Tony

Tony:
I don't know Local 48 situation, but...
I tell my students to RELAX as a first step
Then, determine the number of questions in each part of a multi-part test and the time for each part. Divide the time in minutes by the number of questions; that's your 'time limit' per question. Don't dwell on any question to prevent running out of time. Pass the 'tough' ones up, & go back to them.

Don't forget percentages in addition to the above subjects.

Good Luck...RELAX

John

John
E
john,

Are you a teacher at an electrical training center? Figured you might be when you said students, just got the cliffs mathethmatic review book to study and brush up on my algebra, ya thats what i figured dont spend to much time on the harder ones skip it and come back later. thanks for the encouragment.

Tony

I teach at a County Vo-tech (Union Cty, NJ) part time, and also CEU courses w/NJEIA.
John

John
S
Don't second guess yourself.

Get ready for the interview. I already told you about it in an earlier post.

You will find many an electrician VERY sympathetic with the carpenters right now. As long as you give 8-4-8, have attention to detail, and respect others, you won't sit at home.

Link Copied to Clipboard