This was found at the time of inspections on some mobilehome pedestals. What it appeared to be was that someone didn't like the street lighting and cut the wires inside of the light pole. Then later someone, possibly the manager's handyman, installed a new lighting fixture on the pole using communication cable. Do you suppose that he thought 24 AWG wire should be as good as 12 AWG if you double it?
Also appears to have been painted silver to redirect light. From what I see, It looks like a newer Regent 175W Mercury Vapor head jerryrigged into an old DirecTV dish. I also like how it's tied to the pole with rope! Let the sun get to that for a few months. I sure don't wanna be standing under it when it comes down.