ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
The check is in the mail.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
G
The 3 great lies of the universe:
1. The check is in the mail.
2. Of course I'll still respect you in the morning.
3. We're from the government and we're here to HELP you.

Ghost307
I
ITO Offline
Originally Posted by KBSHORTS

1) We never received it

2) Yes, we checked the trailer
KB

He he he...

I have actually gotten in my truck, driven to the job and found the missing items for the electrician, then put it in their hands.

Do this a couple of times and they look a little harder before they claim it's not there.

101° Rx = + /_\
G
This is a good thread too.

Brings to mind what happened to us the other day.

"We're not pouring concrete for that section of the slab until next week" Only to come in the next moprning and they have a pump truck set up with concrete flowing. Mad scramble to get the final preps.

"If common sense was common, everyone would have it"-not sure, someone here

E
e57 Offline OP
Oh this one is for those who run crews, but I think others have touched on a simular note.

Comment:
"We're out of... (4s deeps, or what ever!)"
Reply:
"No way...." (you walk over to the supplies and trip over a whole case on the floor in in plain view)

Tem minutes later:
"We're out of ... (EMT connectors or what ever...)
Reply:
"No way...." (You walk over to the supplies and the contents of 3 boxes worth are scattered in a corner - but still in plain site gleaming in the mid morning sun.)

Ten minutes later....
mad

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
G
Originally Posted by e57
Ten minutes later....
mad

Mark, that reminds me of...today. laugh

I had a full box of MC connectors on my cart, and everybody was scraping and scavenging. I forget they were there, label up in plain sight.

Monday. laugh

-George
F
I get so worn out with GCs lying about when their job is ready for the electricians. They'll tell me they need me on Monday and we show up ready to roll and nothing is framed yet. The response is always, "I didn't think you'd be here before Wednesday." Jst because they have to lie to the plumbers, HVAC guys and drywallers doesn't mean they have to lie to me!

M
Here is one for the inspectors out there "I was gonna get a permit for this but they needed it done real quick so I was going for it afterwords."

A
Owner: "I didn't change/touch anything" (said in a straightfaced way by the homeowner who is standing in front of a three gang switch box missing the cover, the ceiling light canopy is dangling 1/2" from the drywall, the three way on the other side of the room is bulgeing a 1/2" out of the wall because the wires behind the switch aren't folded into the box, etc,etc....)

Me: Uhhh....yeah of course not...."so originally the switch didn't work and now the breaker is tripping each time you work the switch?" (maybe because the neutral is now tied to the hots in the ceiling J-Box you idiot?)

Sigh...still I suppose it is just a bit more job security when these goofs pull all the joints apart because of a bad switch and give you an excuse to charge three hours to ring-out all the wireing to figure out how to put it back together right. smile

A
Me: This data looks odd - are you sure it's correct. If I work on it you wont be able to change it afterwards.
Them: Yep it's all correct.
Them (two weeks later): Hey remember those analyses you did - well the original data was incorrect.
Me: I could have had a 2 day free vacation.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard