ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
Recent Posts
100 Definitions: Accessible 2023
by gfretwell - 07/22/24 09:03 PM
Chinese motors rated 220 v 50 hertz
by sabrown - 07/22/24 04:29 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by emolatur - 07/18/24 01:05 PM
2023 CEU Course
by gfretwell - 07/17/24 01:08 AM
Is this really a thing
by dsk - 07/16/24 01:23 PM
Recent Gallery Topics:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 264 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#153455 02/24/07 01:18 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 38
Nope, not Pyro tools, although I have just found some more that I had forgotten about!!
Also just taken some pics for Pauluk to upload to the discussion forum. Pics of what used to be done in 'the good old days' and one a lot more recently

#153456 02/24/07 03:23 PM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 265
Some sort of flaring tool for conduit?????


"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"
#153457 02/24/07 04:39 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,438
Are these tools something that could possibly be used here in the states? [Linked Image]

#153458 02/24/07 05:06 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 38
To be perfectly honest about their use in the U.S. I have no idea! I will have to be a bit cagey here so that I do not give the game away..... I assume that you have a similar situation there, as we do here, which would warrant their use. [Linked Image]

I will come clean tomorrow about their use.

#153459 02/25/07 05:58 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 206
Am I allowed a second guess?
For turning the knurled rings on old light switch face plates?

#153460 02/25/07 03:10 PM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,158
Are they Locknut tools ??

#153461 02/25/07 08:57 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 7,520
pauluk Offline OP
It's for grabbing duplex receptacles while twisting them around so they're U-ground-UP! No, wait, wrong side of the Atlantic...
Don't you mean twisting them around so they're U-ground DOWN?! [Linked Image]

#153462 02/26/07 09:43 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 38
Geoff was right first time, it is a shade ring holder. For those of us with large hands/fingers it is not possible to reach within narrow shades to remove the lock ring so that the shades can be removed. The lamp is removed, and either of the 2 tools locked onto the ring, this is then unscrewed and removed. Simple really, but I have never seen any others. Obviously now that Geoff has had a second guess, his first guess is now not admissible, so there are no winners hey ho! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by TrimixLeccy (edited 02-26-2007).]

#153463 03/21/07 09:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 524
... My first guess was going to be that they were an Obstetrician's much for that idea...

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break a Licensed Electrician"
#153464 03/21/07 11:56 PM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,143
Originally Posted By Attic Rat:
My first guess was going to be that they were an Obstetrician's much for that idea...
Only for a baby with a teeny tinyhead. laugh

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5