ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 414 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#152514 06/02/05 01:36 AM
Notice something else? Not one iota of dirt or grease anywhere, and the stove top is immaculate. I've cleaned those electric ring range tops in white vitreous enamel, and they're hard work. The rings/bezels look exactly like the UK 'Belling Classic' series from the early seventies, (By Appointment to HRH Her Majesty The Queen! ). Someone obviously liked to get stuck into the chores with vigour. Strange place for a hat rack though. And the tiled countertop, I like.
Alan

Wood work but can't!
#152515 06/06/05 12:15 PM
S
French electricial is correct. The pushbutton controls are on top right control burners. Commonly used by GE/Hotpoint. This is a GE range, some built in cooktops had button panel below cooktop or on hood above.

The four knobs are for ovens. Some smaller stoves had one door being storage and right side oven, but this one is both ovens. It might have a storage drawer below, but doubtful as there is a storage slot for oven pans seen next to range.

The flourescent tube light is located under the silver part. You probably hold button until the light turns on. My aunt has newer stove with the light.

I took apart older 50s/60s Tappan apartment stove and it had fuse for single socket located behind range. I took the electrical parts (sockets, neon light, plug) off and kept as stove was being disposed of.

This was a very high end stove in its time. The only similar stove on market now is Kenmore Elite 48" sold by Sears $1200.00!

Just want to say that kitchen is very clean and good shape for 40 years old!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard