ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 413 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#151306 10/03/06 09:24 PM
D
I got an answer.

"David,

My staff tells me they get the reference from the following:

"Supervisors & Liability for Workplace Incidents:
The Pitfalls & How to Avoid Them"
presented by Gary Higbee

Make no mistake: OSHA and trial lawyers have put a bulls-eye squarely on the backs of safety supervisors and managers.
Veteran safety consultant Gary Higbee, one of America?s best known and most respected safety and health consultants, will apply his insight, perspective, knowledge and experience to explain what's going on and how to protect supervisors.

The numbers were not verified ? and upon consideration, more likely a liability lawsuit one the extreme violations were cited by OSHA, company fined and individual personally held accountable in a law suit.

Regards,

John S. Ingram

Vice President

ESIS, Inc. Global Risk Control Services

So Don, it might be a fine levied against the safety supervisors, in a civil lawsuit against them?

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
#151307 10/04/06 11:29 AM
R
So Don, it might be a fine levied against the safety supervisors, in a civil lawsuit against them?
That would not be a fine...just a civil pentaly, and unless the misconduct of the supervisors was "wanton and willfull", the employeer would still have to pay.
Don

Don(resqcapt19)
#151308 10/07/06 11:36 PM
T
I've worked in several plants down here in Tx, and while the company might have some sort of program / training in place to fulfill the fed/osha statutes, when push comes to shove, the supervisors on the floor, don't care, they will alwayz try to get the machines up and running legally or not.

#151309 12/13/06 12:05 PM
B
Federal OSHA may not be able to fine an individual, but the state entity can.

In fact, in Penn. POSHA has indeed fined the individual worker. I have spoken to a man who was indeed fined $500. His supervisor was fined $1000, and the company $14,000.

#151310 12/13/06 03:52 PM
F
in California, you not only can be fined, you also can go to jail.

O
OSHA does not fine people/employees directly! OSHA fines employers/companies!
Someone has some misinformation!
OSHA however can and has referred cases to the Justice Department for criminal prosecutions in particularly egregious cases. People, usually company owners have done prison time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard