ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
No corks but is becoming more common to see nets placed over hats to keep the flies off, they seem to be very bad lately.The flies get to you and You just lose it and flail your arms about, looks quite funny to anyone watching.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
K
You guys should be a bit more candid about your comments. I have spent most of my life in a hard hat (brim to the back). I know many tradesmen who wear their brims backward and I cannot think of one who does it to be cool or as a “fashion statement”. It is practical in many instances and I cannot see any problem with safety. When I am cutting and welding I wear my cutting goggles on my hard hat. I could not imagine pulling my goggles up and down over the brim all day long. I put the ears and the liner in my hat so I can wear it backward. Not only is it more convenient but IMO it is more comfortable. I have lots of respect for the members of this forum but and opinion is just an opinion. I don’t think anyone should be judged by how they wear their hat.
"Unless its brim to the side”.

J
Here in Ontario I have been told you must wear your hard hat forward unless you are a welder. Then you are allowed to wear it backwards so your welding helmet can be worn. I don't work in an enviroment that requires hard hats.

V
When i was doing refinerys I had two hard hats one for welding and working where I had to look up with the liner in backwards, the other forward. Changed hard hats depending on the task at hand. Rod

B
We just got new welding shields in for our maint guys. They are designed to be worn with a hardhat, bill forward.

Direction is a moot point for the electricians at my plant. Ours are full brim type, 360 coverage.

H
Trumpy
Moderator posted 03-03-2005 12:52 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian,
The question has to be asked though, why on earth would you want to wear your hard hat backwards.
I mean, you wouldn't wear your overalls on backwards would you?.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it would seem it is a matter of form and function - If your vision is restricted by the brim, you wear it in the back - if the form and function of my overalls made it better to wear them backwards I would - as it is there is no fuction for them that way so...... [Linked Image]

And people wear hats backwards all the time.

I might also add that the hardhat is only "backwards" if the carrage is placed on your head backwards, if the carrage of the hardhat could not placed so that the brim was in the back it would improper to wear it that way - as it is however every hardhat i have ever used allows the brim to be forward or back.

So in conclusion let me say:

ME: Does this hat make my head look fat?
MY WIFE: No, your fat head makes your fat head look fat.

S
The electricians where I used to work had to wear the full-brim hat. Their reasoning was if you stuck your head up between buss bars you wouldn't get zapped (!!). Anyways it solved the problem of brim front or back. http://www.rjsafety.com/images/jpg/Topgard.jpg

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard