ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 273 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
B
I'm looking to get a pair of Danner Desert Acadias but I'm concerned about the puncture resistant steel insert. The soles are Vibram, are they safe for electrical work?

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
O
Ive got a pair of Acadias,great boot. I think there as safe as most others. I wear the Radical 45s most of the time.There so comfortable.
http://www.danner.com/products.asp?catid=11&prodid=1887
I live about 45 minutes from the Danner factory so I usually go up there and buy them there

B
Sorry for the late response, and for kicking an old subject back to top.

I have a pair of Danner Acadia, black. Cannot recall if they are EH rated (Electrical Hazzard).

I have a pair of Matterhorn (Cove Shoe Co.) 10 in. Deluxe leather with composite safety toe. They are EH rated, and I believe that they have a steel shank. I believe their standard Deluxe non-safety toe have the same rating.

I know that Red Wing Shoes makes a wide selection of work boots that have the EH rating.

I wear my Danners for hiking, hunting, walking, recreation.

My Matterhorns are for work, with their insulation and safety toes, though they are so comfortable, I have worn them hunting. BEST boots I have ever worn.

Though, my Danners are awesome, too.

Was disappointed with the Red Wings I had, though. Maybe didn't fit right, but, their reputation is for comfort and durability. They seemed well made, but were not as comfortable as my Matterhorns or Danners. (12+ hours in my Matterhorns, felt like soft pillows still, good support, but, after 6 hours in the Red Wings, I was ready to go home).

This is in no way knocking Red Wing Shoes' boots, just my personal experience. As I said, maybe not a correct fit, every company may size differently.

Link Copied to Clipboard