ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#119113 11/20/04 10:37 PM
Broom Pusher and
I know EXACTLY which Inspector Electure and Dmattox are dealing with!!!
[Linked Image]
The term "Clown" is an understatement!

Have also driven by this Project during the evening, and those CFLs are putting out enough light to not require additional site lighting at the drive-up ATM!
(per the typical Financial Code 13000 requirements - AKA "AB244").

Too bad Harley wasn't around still! [Linked Image]

Geez, what a disappointment for Final! I bet you have the close-out package ready to hand in... now there is a possibility to install unneeded access panels!

Not sure how the Corporate Security personnel with that particular F.A. feel towards access doors in Cladded Walls (I am "Ass-U-Ming" the ATM Room + Day Cash Room have Cladded Walls???), but the Corp. Security personnel I have dealt with over the years, would probably tie me up in a straight jacket, if I even PROPOSED the idea!
[Linked Image]

Scott35

BTW: Look around at the other Tenants' leased spaces, on your side of the Street beginning with the letter "C", and across that same Street.
You will notice the Lighting and Color Scheme is unsubtilly universal!

S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#119114 11/21/04 11:00 PM
S
HARLEY !!!!
Harley was my dad's inspector when he was a contractor.He worked for us in Irvine after he retired from the City of (now that would be telling)

Electure, no it's not the same jurisdiction.

My dad always used to tease Harley that he fell off the pole because he stepped back to admire his work before climbing down.

What a good guy and never at a loss for words and always a story to be told.

It was my job to show him around the City when he first started with us at Irvine. I had to drag him out of the trailer just so we could finish my run. Believe me it wasn't easy!!

Larry LeVoir
Inspector
City of Irvine, CA
#119115 12/02/04 02:18 AM
D
Almost every inspector I have dealt with has been very knowledgeable and helpful. Many bent over backwards to help projects move along.

This particular inspector, however, was leaving two separate crews from two separate EC companies scratching their heads. It was so bad, that every time I was about to call for an inspection I would warn our customer several times that we would fail. Just because I had no idea what he would come up with.

If any inspectors took offense by it, Electure and I did not mean to cause harm to your trade. We were just venting a little steam towards someone we feel should not be in the position they are in. Just like how some inspectors tear apart the work in the violation forum [Linked Image]

Also, I don't think anyone on this board thinks they are gods. People like myself are here to learn more about our field, and thankfully there are many around here with many years of experience willing to share their insights.

#119116 12/29/04 08:12 PM
D
where does anything about a burnt out bulb fall in the NEC?

#119117 12/29/04 08:30 PM
R
Hello David, Welcome to the forum. [Linked Image]

Roger

#119118 12/31/04 09:30 AM
P
I think there's a certain type of person who when put in a position of power let's it go to his head and then starts trying to act beyond the rules by making up his own.

We haven't had electrical inspections here (up to now anyway), but I've run into this sort of dogmatic attitude from bureaucrats before over other issues. The problem is that the more people who just accept the dictats without challenging them, the more the person involved with try to throw his weight around.

With electrical inspections in England being started from tomorrow, I guess we can look forward to running into power-hungry council employees as well. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard