ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 412 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
This guy is definately NOT an electrician. He's the homeowner who thinks he is. A week later, he hasn't returned my calls and is not about to get hooked up. Everything will have to be ripped off the pole and done over.

kduke
M
"...and the pole doesn't belong to him!"

Kevin: just curious... who does the pole belong to? POCO?

Mike (mamills)

K
The pole belongs to the utility company. It's feeding a security light with a duplex wire (120V).

kduke
C
Here's something i just noticed...

Why is it on all these hack job services we see here, they always use an acorn clamp? Kind of ironic that they get that part right, considering how many professionals use a water pipe clamp on the ground rod.

By the way, where is the riser? is that provided by the poco? Don't tell me that the line side comes up through the plumbing pipe and the disco!!

Peter
Kevin: Time for an update, any new pictures yet?

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
K
I phoned this guy and left him a voice-mail. He never has called back, and the service equipment is still just like the pictures show. No change yet, maybe when he gets desperate, he'll call again.

kduke
E
At least he left in the carboard bird cover on the meter box. I've heard great stories about the local utilities not providing service until the bird are done hatching. I'd love the company to ask me about that one! :0

Pete
W
You know if your gonna wing the installation at least make it look good. Geez,you think the guy could have leveled the pipe off !

The obvious code violation the pipe isn't Schedule 80 as per Article 230.50(a)(b)where subject to physical damage.So the whole installation has to be removed and replaced.

T
you think the guy could have leveled the pipe off !

The pipe is fine. The pole, meter pan, disco, etc. need to be leveled off [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard