ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 497 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#10124 06/01/02 03:28 PM
B
aldav53: Hey Righteous Dude, I really gotta apologize for my callous, insensitive remarks...it's just that yesterday I forgot to break the noble prozac tablet in half, and didn’t realize it until scarfing on that most gnarley squid-tofu burrito at 3:30AM. OK, dude? Never again, I promise. Like this groovy old long-boardin’ ho-dad once pondered, “I feel your pain!”

#10125 06/01/02 06:59 PM
M
aldav53:
There is no worse feeling in the world than that of being ripped off like that. I got hit there once and its competitor once and at home of all places, but they left my truck all they wanted were the power tools cordless etc.
And as far as i know they were never caught.In fact the first time the Police told me to go to this big Flea-Market in Findlay Ohio, your tools will probably be there in the morning, Gee thanks for the help !
I hope you have better luck.
I wish you all the good luck in the world,

Mark

#10126 06/01/02 08:19 PM
Another trick the HD laborers have pulled is to work 15 minutes, get a "back pain", and sue the person that gave them the work.
There are classes one can take in Mexico that show how to use the US system to the fullest advantage (Welfare, Workman's Comp, etc)
Don't ever hire these guys.
(Gump said "It's like a chocolate, you never know what you'll get")

#10127 06/02/02 05:48 AM
P

There are classes one can take in Mexico that show how to use the US system to fullest advantage (Welfare, Workman's Comp, etc)

Sounds suspiciously familiar. Our system even goes to the extent of printing welfare information booklets in about 12 obscure languages, and there are people handing these out to new arrivals at the airport!

#10128 06/02/02 04:44 PM
S
I feel for you, man. I too had my van stolen late one night. The cops called me and told me my van had been in an accident. I said no way, the keys were still hanging on rack. Well, turned out it was mine. Van was totalled.Driver was so drunk he couldn't even walk. Don't know how he was able to break into it. But I got my tools back. Take care and good luck.

#10129 06/03/02 06:57 AM
R
I'm almost afraid to ask, but...
How many of us lock our truck, entirely (cab, cap, boxes) on a regular basis.
Since aldav's post, I have been doing so.

#10130 06/03/02 08:58 AM
M
Aldav:
Hearing of an honest working man falling prey to thieves is sickening. I cannot imagine a punishment suitable for someone who commits this kind of a crime. Of course, they will eventually pay for their actions, which, unfortunately, doesn't help you in the present.
I hope things work out well for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Mike (mamills)

#10131 06/03/02 02:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
We are very careful to lock our truck up when its parked in a public area. Since I work for the state, its quite often. There have been instances in the past where we have observed people eyeing up the Stahl cabinent doors on the sides and looking through the windows in the back for some goodies. No one has ever tried to break in to our knowledge. We have a harder time with fellow employees ripping our stuff off than we do with the public up here in the Keystone state. I think the one reason is that the public knows once you mess with one of us and that gets out over the radio, you have just messed with all of us. Good luck in finding your truck. It always seems to happen to the good people. I have been contimplating going to these places and stealing the stuff back. :-)

#10132 06/03/02 11:41 PM
A
aldav53 Offline OP
Thanks for all your comments, sounds like all of us have been victims at some point.
They found my truck friday in Phoenix and it was completely stripped, engine, trans, seats, bumpers, tool bins, rack, everything. Bought a new truck friday and in the process of restocking. I agree Mike, they will lose in the end.

The Golden Rule - "The man with the gold makes the rule"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard