A few years ago my mother-in-law died of cancer. During her extended illness, she spent some time in M.D. Anderson here in Houston. M.D. Anderson is one of the best hospitals in the world. Well, these telemarketers would call on behalf of M.D. Anderson, and I would buy magazines from them. Anything that had to do with M.D. Anderson, I would open my wallet for because of my mother-in-law. It was automatic......M.D. Anderson......my wallet would "dang near" fly out of my back pocket. I have stacks of magazines in my bathroom that I never get to read because I have so many subscriptions.
I finally put my foot down, (if you can believe that) and said, "Enough is enough."
These people were calling me every week.
So, in the spirit of Mr. Gigs, I became a time waister. I don't drink alcohol, but when they would call I would tell them that I was drunk. That didn't make any difference to them until I started waisting their time. They would ask me about car magazines, and I would tell them that I love to drive drunk. I asked them if they sold girlie magazines, they responded, "Well, we have Playboy." I said, "That's not dirty enough for my wife, she likes Hustler(she doesn't by the way)." Finally, I kept them on the phone so long, that they were trying to get off the phone with me, and I wouldn't let them. That happened a few times, and they haven't called back again.

Best Telemarketological Regards,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX