My congrats to you too, Scotts. I work with one PE who told me that the pe exam was a piece of cake compared to the Masters exam. But she is pretty smart, and could easily teach the NEC. Would be boring, because she doesn't seem to know how use stories, etc, as a learning tool.
I work as an electrical designer for an engineering company. There may be several reasons why the plans go out without planchecks. We are very schedule driven and when it is due out, the PM says "GO", we "GO" out, whether ready or not. I don't agree with that attitude. Sometimes the information is not in from the equipment suppliers, so it is not designed properly, only from an estimate.
I have worked with several registered PE's during my career. And some I would not let engineer anything. Some we don't even let close to CAD (we don't want it messed up). Some are better in the theory. Some are even good at both the practical side and theory. Most learn about the NEC after graduation. I've always tried to get it drawn so that it could be built by a contractor. If it needs a detail for me to understand, then it needs it for the contractor to understand. Engineering Supervision? Well, most of our PE's are Master Electrician Licensed. As with the PE, it only means they passed a test. And that's what it is all about, taking a test.