Bjarney,

Thanks for the Congrads on the EIT / FE!!! [Linked Image]

Still has a question on FORTRAN. The Reference Manuals I purchased for the exam cover FORTRAN, but only name the other various types of Languages in the preceeding chapter[s] - such as ADA, ALGOL, BASIC, COBOL, Pascal, etc.

One Manual has an example of Nested DO Loop in FORTRAN, which is written as:

DO 100 I = 1, 10
DO 90 J = 2, 6, 2
DO 80 K = 1, 10, 3
80 CONTINUE
90 CONTINUE
100 CONTINUE

Never worked with FORTRAN, but it looks like the same logical approach as BASIC / VB [Visual Basic is what I have been currently trying to get the complete grasp of].

Anyhow, thanks to you and Ron for the messages.

Steve [Sparky],

Please do not feel outranked in the presence of any EE. The two of you together make a complete team, which is the only way to get the project done. One has more Theory skills, and the other has more Installation skills. Without one, the other will suffer.
You being in the field are in the Technician's position.
For a given project, the Technicians are only as good as the Engineer, and the Engineer is only as good as the Technicians. Poor skills on one side effects the other side.

The Engineer does the design and the Technicians do the "Leg Work" [all the hands on stuff, the paper work, phone calls, misc. red tape, and are very much involved with Alpha and Beta testing, which in our Power Electrical field would be kind of like smoke tests of given machinery, or to see if a design works properly for the client].

Wish more of the persons in the field knew this, so they do not feel an EE is the Be-all, End-All, Lord-God-King-Bookoo [stolen from the Zappa tune "Valley Girl"], but their (The Installer) work is meaningless.

I think I am too Liberal for my field [Linked Image]

Scott S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!