If you want to see a good overhead shot of this area go to Google Maps in the search field enter 225 Lindsay Street, 02760 and hit enter.

Once the map comes up look in the upper right and click on Satellite

Once that loads you can pan and zoom at will, you will plainly see the cut for the power lines and if you zoom in you will see both metal towers and large wood towers.

Now, I am not sure how recent the photo is so I don't know if the house in the story is actually in the picture. However you can see how there are no trees over the power lines and how close at least some home are.

At least one set of lines has existed in that cut for many years, however the power company has recently added more sets of lines.

So...Yes the power company can say the lines where there first and the HO can say they just built the lines. Both are spinning the facts.

If I seem less than caring about National Grid keep in mind this is the same company that said humans had nothing to worry about when live manhole covers where killing pets because humans don not walk around bare foot.

So National Grids Press people will say anything to try to cover their rear side.

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts