I really appreciate all the responses. I am simply amazed at all the options available! Dink, your link certainly had a few interesting ideas!

The simple cart e57 started thing off with sells for about $135. I like the idea of mounting wire spools between the legs.

The smaller three-shelf bus cart Iwire pictured has available trash and cutlery bins; all together, this would set you back about $350.

The Akro-Mills "Pro-cart" is interesting for a couple of reasons. First of all, it can carry bins of parts. Combine this with a bin organised truck, and there are possibilities! It also looks as if the Akro cart can be knocked down for transport. One of these carts, good to go, would set you back $350-400, depending on the bins chosen.

SO- Has anyone run out and spent the $750 that the Milwaukee cart (with wire caddies and pipe vise) will cost you?

I think I'll go to the other extreme, and start of with one of those $75 "little green wagon" garden carts you see at the home centers. They fold flat for transport, and I'm pretty sure I can make a work top that would sit on it.

Though, one thing that I saw got me thinking.... having a trash bin with the cart might be handy!

Besides transport, another factor in a cart is the weight of the cart itself. I was some carts that, empty, weighed nearly 200 pounds. That's a lot of cart to carry up a flight of stairs, or load into the truck!

Oh- as for the specialty carts:

The Rubbermaid "Ladder cart" sells for $575. However, I spent $250 for a five drawer tool cart of theirs, and it just didn't stand up. The wheels look pretty small as well.

A rolling shop desk, with drawers, sells for about $345. I had a similar item once; it was too wide to easily maneuver in aisles, the drawers were ineficiently sized, and- worst of all- the spot welds didn't survive much movement. So much for "portable."

The mesh security wagons look interesting. I was surprised to find that the mesh costs more than solid sheet metal sides. Theye are somewhat larger than that 'nursery wagon' I spoke of, and do not fold for transport.

In summary, unless you simply must have the Milwaukee behemoth, it looks like an acceptable cart calls for a $400 budget.