If I shut off the both meter/mains and then go from the case to the water/ground below and get a reading of 30Amps don't you think that should be POCO's problem??

No, not nessesarily.... Although that, if an amperage? does seem a little high. The gorund there, as with all connected to that tranformer serving the area are grounding the POCO side, some less equally than others. But in the situation you describe, it could or would sound much more like what might be found with the lost neutral load on....

Rule of thumb for PG&E, voltage on thier side of metering OK, "NOT thier problem"....

I will throw this question out there, 'cause I know a number of people who don't break seals. Did you open the By-pass section of the metering? And inspect the neutral there? If any? Or the gutter above? (I'm sure many of us would have ripped the whole thing apart day-one.) What is that can to the far right? (It doesn't look like a regulation termination can for UG service, or is this OH service) Is ther any other service on, or in any of the 'other' buildings? Are there any other voltages, or transformers in the building?

Just for refferance is this 3-phase service?

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason