For simple reference:

[Linked Image]

The picture shows a commercial building with a gutter and two meters. The gutter drops to each meter/main and on the left side is the circuit panel that feeds sub panels inside the two buildings. The tenents in building A have complained and I have varified that their voltage drops considerably and their computers shut off. This might happen 2-5 times a week. When I tested, I saw the voltage at 100V. I then went to the inside subpanel and tested several times however each leg was 120V and the screw side the the breakers was good too. I tightened all the neutrals I could opened the panels and checked for anything loose but didn't see anything. What I did notice was the other meter/main (Left side) had a burning hot spot . That meter/main is connected to the subpanel on it's left with a small chaise nipple. On both sides of the chaise nipple where the lock nut tightens against the panel there were at least one glowing hot spot that came and went every so often. I did have the power company come out and do a through inspection of their side and they said the voltage was steady. I may have been a bit permature in doing that but I was out of ideas.
I would appreciate some other ideas on what to check before I go out there next.

Let me know if you need more information.

Many thanks,
Byron

edited to add picture

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 06-23-2006).]