Ok, I'll admit I was assuming something and was out of line with the "religious convictions" statement, at least in your case. But it's not unusual for somebody belonging to a church to call themselves an electrical or sound contractor when they possess little more than a familiarity with the subject.
Your statement church members, some of which are employed as electricians...led me to believe that these people have nothing in the way of experience except the desire to help the church. In a later post you say that "they are licensed electricians in their area".
We come down hard on DIY's and homeowners who do electrical work and what they do only affects their own safety and that of their family. When a church encourages their own to do work it can endanger hundreds of innocent people yet the attitude is to look the other way because they are a church. This tragically resulted in a death as I mentioned above.
-Hal