Reno, Point well taken. I am an EC that does several churches every year. It's not uncommon for church members to offer "sweat equity" on these jobs. I always politely decline. If someone at the church wants to do part of the work they can pull a separate permit for it. I usually involve the AHJ in these situations to make sure everyone is clear on what work is in the scope of my contract and what's not. Usually involving the AHJ discourages them but sometimes, when there is a licensed electrician at the church, it doesn't. I have declined a church job or two when they just wanted me to install the service and let them take it from there. It takes diplomacy to let folks know what is at stake for me as an EC without needlessly offending someone. What I objected to in hbiss post was the reference to"religous convictions getting in the way of professionalism". I didn't see anything in my post that should have provoked that. I have participated on this forum a long time and appreciate all of the help I have received.