Here is my situation -

There are 2 separat hot leads (yes, we have ground and neutral also) running from a sub-panel, through PVC conduit for about 25 feet (about 20 feet is underground)to a junction box. Here they go their separate ways, with each circuit supplying different pairs of outlets (receptacles).

We will call these circuit A and circuit B.

Circuit A is connected to the outlets and the CB in the sub-panel.

Circuit B is not connected at the sub-panel nor is it connect to any outlets.

With circuit A energized, I get a reading of 20VAC - 22VAC on the circuit B hot wire. The votage is readable from hot to neutral and from hot to ground. There is no voltage reading from neutral to ground.

Where is the votage on circuit B coming from and why?

I have continuity checked each hot wire, and they are not connected.

I have ruled out a short to ground or neutral in circuit A, as that would trip the CB.

I thought that perhaps it could be "induced" voltage, but then why on just the other hot wire (as electricity does not know what color the wires are) and why so much voltage.

The underground run does pass under a 1/2 HP , 240VAC pump motor, but it is approx. 24" underground and beneath a 6" concrete reenforced (wire mesh) slab. I don't think this has anything to do with it, but that is the layout.

All help is appreciated, and instant knolwedge in pill form would be even more appreciated (I hate shots).

Steve

Thanks
Steve