Guys:
AS one who lives on the Jersey Shore (Lagoon), in a Twp with a great vol. FD, FA Squad, I have to say that they all do a great job, and a lot of peoples hats are off to them, always.

As to the TV coverage I saw, I have to say... the USCG and the Armed Forces guys that were dangling from 'copters, chopping thru roofs, and whatever else they did/do really deserve credit. I know, when I'm out & about on my boat, and the USCG choppers or patrol boats go by, I feel good, even though I am not in any situation that I need them.

The politics of complaining is part of the american way, and one of the rights that we all enjoy in this country.

YES; we have 'problems', but IMHO, this is still the place I want to live.

Yes, there's a bad situation that unfortunatley developed, and a lot of back seat quarterbacks, and a lot that could have been done differently, but?????

Red Cross is looking for help, along with a lot of other REAL organizations; also the scammers started, probably as Katrina was 100 miles off the coast. I posted other comments in the other thread regarding the looting thing if anyone cares to read it.

John

John