Way back when I was just an "employee", another employee and I returned to the shop. After setting the contractors truck up for the next day (inside garage), we left and went to our prospective vehicles....only thing, my partner's was MIA. Called police and did the routine.
A few weeks later a state trooper is waiting for us when we return. Seems the theives had stolen my partners truck (complete with power tools and ladders, etc) and we were working as contractors on some project somewhere!
Long story short, the culprits must have seen the cops waiting in the vicinity of their (stolen) truck at the jobsite and never returned to get it. The trooper asked my partner for the list of items he put on his report and checked them against the list of items "recovered" from his truck - some of his tools were there, some were not; BUT there were also tools and such that weren't his...the trooper just shook his head as he "added" the "new" tools to the original report list.
How insane were these theives?

I hope they find your van (in good condition) with some extra "goodies" for you.

~~ CELTIC ~~
...-= NJ =-...