Thanks Oldtimer! The test is scheduled for 3/14/05 and its 50%code-50%therory/electrical trade knowledge/ saftey-tools-misc.-There is a review class for 50$ the week before so I'm thinking I should take that as well. Right now I'm studying about 5 hours a day using practice exams from "Tom Henery" and "Mike Holts" Electrcians exam preperation.

I was wondering if I am accpeted and all that- when it comes time to start work do you have to do a classic interview with the union shop contractor(?) or do you just get a dispatch and show up and start working?

I was also curious if your expierience as a union electrcian has been a good one? I am joining because I have kids/morgtage/ya'know just like most of you guys- and I need to know that I am working for a company that has my best intrests in mind and not just thier bottom-line, mutual respect-if I work my tail off for 8 hours I want 8 hours pay and company who gives me everything I need to meet thier deadlines.I spent 8000+ hours working and learning this trade and I am a professional and I want to be treated as such-(bottom-line). My expierience in non-union shops has ranged from really good to downright hostile/backstabbing/un-safe working enviorment- I hope that the IBEW(union shops) at the very least provides a safe/fair work enviorment with a fair wage!
-Thank you!