Now I could be wrong here,
But from what I can gather, testing of Electrical Installations isn't high on the list of priorities, before a given job is livened, in the US.
Sure you might say, an out of town guy having a dig at you fella's.
I would also like to say that, because of where I work (the local PoCo), I'm required to hand in Certificates of Compliance for all of the work that I connect to a supply, every week.
How many of you guys actually get the Megger out or do a Continuity test or even a test on the wire that leads to the Ground Rod?.
Have you ever seen a house or other installation hooked up with the wrong polarity, because someone couldn't be bothered to test the wiring?.
Another question, how many of you guys have a Megger and use it for things other than Fault-finding?.
Over here, I'll sign a Certificate of Compliance only after I see the Electrician perform the tests and write the results on the CoC, I'm not an Inspector, but I have to have a certain paper-trail as well in case there is something that does go wrong.
This is bound to cause some discussion, but please, only useful comments. [Linked Image]