Yeah man...
If I get a call and they need a service change, I give them my price. They don't have to take it. They can shop it around.
It isin't worth it to me to do it for any less. I'd be losing money. If I'm not making it there I'm making it elsewhere.

Most people that I deal with understand that I have overhead. I show up in a nice, shinny GMC 2500 Van fully outfitted, assure them that they will be satisfied with my work, and inform them that I am fully licensed AND INSURED and provide them with a ready made list of references. They inform me that I am one of the few who advertises "Licensed & Insured" and that's why they called. And really once I'm there it is an easy sale most of the time. They're paying for my 20+ years of experience, my insurance, my truck, ALL of the insurances actually, the advertising, the taxes, and then whatever is left over is mine. To do a 200A service change for less than $2600.00 would be a waste of time for me (and a waste of money). If they don't want to pay it they can get some guy out of the paper or something who usually doesn't carry any insurances, really will not do as good of a job, but will charge less. And I really don't care; that guy has to eat too.

You know what I mean?

Yep, I'm 43 and I ain't gonna whore myself out like I use to do. I'd rather sit at home and play internet games or watch movies than do work for less than I'm accustomed to. There are exceptions to all rules though: If I perceive that somebody really cannot pay and they have a dangerous situation, I will do whatever I can to help. But, although that does at times happen, it is the exception and not the rule.