I think what I'll do is put a two-pole GFCI on the kitchen circuits and use solo GFCI outlet(s) on the other two circuits if/when I feel the need for them.

quote:

You can protect both circuits on the multiwire by putting a GFCI outlet at the first outlet on each line after the circuit splits.

I've heard that GFCI outlets do NOT like this on a multiwire configuration... I think electure's point on not using the feedthroughs may be the correct one... I just want to be sure. Maybe I didn't understand the comment correctly???

quote:

Your multiwire circuit's grounded conductor should be pigtailed at each outlet any way.

Indeed. You folks would not believe what I found when I bought this house (well, actually, maybe you would). Someone decided to use the backwire and sidewire slots on the duplex receptacle feeding the clothes washer to split up the circuits!!!!! If this was ever legal, I don't believe it ever should have been. If the device fails, subsequently opening up the neutral, well, you know... WOW! That washer NEVER spun those clothes so dry before [Linked Image] Needless to say, I ripped it out and done it up right.

UTMOST CARE must be taken to ensure neutral integrity on multiwire circuits.

Again, I must thank the host(s) for this fantastic website, and thanks to all of you for your expert advice on matters such as this.

[This message has been edited by Sir Arcsalot (edited 03-14-2004).]

No wire bias here- I'm standing on neutral ground.