Originally Posted by Texas_Ranger
The adaptor I was talking about was home-built - I cut the IEC connector off a NEMA computer lead and replaced it with a Schuko trailing socket. IMO that's the sturdiest kind of adaptor you can get.
I believe that is the best adapters you may get, make them yourselves of High quality parts. For me here in Europe I do not see any difference between Canadian and US listed plugs but I know that they are not officially accepted in the other country if it does not have the national stamp UL/UR etc (We missed on that exporting some machines to US customers and sent them cords with only Canadian stamps and not UL (Many years ago from another job that I had at that time))

For Europe it is several markings, some are real after testing in an external institution, others the the maker says that it is OK

E.G. The CE marking tells that the maker has tested it by them selves, (China has a slightly different CE mark Chinese Export) German TUV, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish D, S, N or Fi in a ring are stating that it is tested by a certified institution. I trust those marks as I trust UL CSA and UR. Still it has to look safe to. :-)