Sorry to bring an old thread up again, but I missed the end of this due to being busy at work.
To call a device like this a "Ground Fault Remover", misses the point, although they are sold as this.

What they are is a "Ground Reference Remover", now if you think about that for a second or two, by using this device,
you are now removing the most important electrical protection (aside from a circuit-breaker) available to you.
This device will also not trip any RCD, unless there is some sort of an imbalance between the Phase and Neutral conductors inside the equipment.

So, if the appliance or whatever you plug into it has a direct Earth fault (sure, not a lot of things have metal bodies on them these days), you've lost the one thing that will possibly alert you to the fact that there is a dangerous fault within the equipment.

With respect to these "approvals", with respect to Electrical test equipment, I insist on stuff that at least has a "mark" from VDE, you know that it has been tested adequately.

However, the Chinese did themselves no favours at all, by basically copying a well-known and respected approval mark, with the slightly "different" CE-mark.
This in itself has "cheapened" the whole CE-mark and also the fact that this copying was never really challenged, because the Chinese are still using their version of the mark.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-Chinese, but let's be honest here, surely they could have come up with something a
LOT more different than that!