On that note, here's my latest report:

Just last year, I bought a Kambrook KFH660 (and reviewed it here) -- which as basic as it is, is still a great heater for the price. It's just passed its warranty length, with no functional problems.

However, the pins on its plug already get rather hot when operating at full power.
(Of course, they're nowadays stuck with buying the usual China/Taiwan cordsets; because no Australian company makes them anymore, and using the IEC 60320 C18 inlet -- as logical, and convenient, as that would be -- would expose them to an inevitable frivolous lawsuit, the minute someone plugged one in with a counterfeit cord. frown )

(I kind of wish they'd also make a 600W version, with a C8 inlet; that would be really cute, and still powerful enough for many small rooms. cool Too bad that the general public has such an unhealthy fetish for "MOAR POWAH", and oversized homes...crazy)

I'll shortly be buying a few Clipsal 439S, to replace the plugs (on it, and my other full-size heaters)…

(And let me tell you: I've surely taken the environmental high ground, compared to my nearest neighbor who still uses an open fire. Seriously; if those aren't obsolete, then I don't know what technology is. rolleyes)