Greg, I'm talking about the walkway out to the dock. I don't think the inspectors here are going to go for the pvc in the water. As far as running it under the walkway, I'd have to swim under the walkway and use a "snorkel" or something, plus run out all the snakes if any. Already had to run out one snake on the dock itself. After the inspector seeing what shape it was in before, I'm sure it's going to have to be out of the water. And yes, I did have an inspector out there before I did anything. He's the one that required me to rewire it. I tried to meet with one of the plan review personnel this morning, but he referred me to the same inspector over the phone, and he pretty well didn't give me any other information than I knew. I guess this is just a "design issue" and they didn't want to get into it. I guess he figures I can read the Code just like them, which I can, but there's sometimes "gray areas" in there as we all know. Plus where this job is, is back in the "boonies" so to speak. Takes a while to get there. No supply houses real handy, so I have to try to make each trip effective as possible.
I've already pretty well got the lights under the dock roof wired, just a few more things. I'm just getting ready to run the feed and switch legs. Still got some bonding to do on the ladders, ramp, etc..
John I will check on the fiberglass or stainless Unistrut.
Thanks for all your comments. Just wanting to do it right and safe as possible and not make it look too tacky at the same time. This establishment if for "The Lions Club" which
does things for the blind and visually impaired. They have certain times they come in big groups and have staff members help them enjoy boat rides and swimming. Actually they are there now, so I'm limited when I can work. It has to be late in the afternoons or on Saturdays. After all the news about the fatalities of electric shock around boat docks for swimmers, I'm trying to be extra safe as I can. I know most of those fatalities are associated with boat lifts etc., but they don't want me to cut corners.
Thanks again

Last edited by sparkync; 06/08/16 05:35 PM.