Reno:
First, the hanger for the pex pipe would not raise my eyebrow, except to ask 'where did you find that?'
At $4.95 for 10 pcs. (from your link), I would not expect to see all that many!

Second, your comments on those that are 'book smart' and may lack 'hands on trade experience'. No argument on this from me! Yes, there seems to be a trend for 'multi-license' inspectors within the help wanted ads. Bldg/Fire. and Bldg/Plumb are common, along with the Administration Lic.

The following comment, may create an issue.....
" Second, well, the abuse of power always finds its' way into the right hands. The ability to strut around, to be the absolute authority, to appoint yourself king, attracts all the wrong sorts."

"Indeed, the way you're treated as royalty, the way the dynamics of the relationship shield you from any accountability, almost force the inspector to develop an overly high opinion of himself."

"The last factor is one that applies across the board: what passes for 'critical thinking' these days would confound Socrates."

To this I will say......

Yes, there may be some who go over the lines, but, to infer that it applies to all is not a fact that you cannot substantiate.

John