I haven't had problems with inexperienced inspectors. I have had problems with certain types of inspectors.

It seems some inspectors look for a reason to allow what you do and others look for a reason to disallow it. The first doesn't want to use the power he has and the other might be willing to make up a reason to use it.

I have noticed that the harsh inspectors are hard on their co-workers, too. Sometimes inspectors have to cover for each other - like for holidays. When they cover a harsh inspector's area, they can't answer questions because they will be contradicted when he returns.

So, all my examples come from one inspector.

1) After checking my calculations, the inspector said that 90.25 is not greater than 90.

2) He made another electrician pull his cables out of an MCC and install a steel plate because he didn't think the top of the MCC was thick enough to prove a good ground connection to the connectors.

3) He made an electrician put anti-shorts in teck cable that had the rubber sheath around the conductors.

4) He made me go back to a job and strap another electrician's cables where they ran into a panel because I ran a cable into the same panel and I should have strapped theirs the way I strapped mine.