Is giving up self-determination to be part of a franchise is worthwhile?

In my opinion, if you do residential work, it might be worthwhile because the product is similar. For example, cleanliness and punctuality are good in every country. Customers will pay more for those things and will respond to that in advertising because they don't know an electrician. Paying to be part of that brand could be beneficial.

If you work in a barn, they don't care if you dress neatly or put booties over your work boots, and everyone stinks.

If you provide emergency service to industry, they will understand that you won't always be there at the appointed time because you might be somewhere else. What they want is for you to drop other work when their production line is broken.

In my case, I quit residential work because I can't be clean and punctual. I can only make an 8:00 appointment and I can never still be clean at the end of the day. When I gain a new customer, it's because the last electrician (or more) couldn't fix the problem or didn't like getting manure on his hands. How would you franchise this?