sparky66wv:

I hear you...

You're considering getting out and I'm trying to get in.

I was in the web development area and have been out of work since May. (With a wife and two toddlers plus a new mortgage. Boy, was I glad to hear that the Federal benefits were extended or I'd really be in trouble!)

I have a strong interest in the trade, and the local Sunday paper want-ads here (Northern NJ) have at least 4 or 5 ads for experienced electricians.

The ones I've spoken with are offering $8-$10/hour for an inexperienced helper (and I understand...they would have to slow down to train me, etc.)

The union apprenticeship program takes a while to get in, and I'm told the list is long. (The wait is worth it, however.)

So, Gramps sounds like he has an offer worth considering very seriously. I imagine it would be uncomfortable to pick up and leave for a while, but if you are not tied down to family, it sure would be worth it.

Maybe you can convert your truck's engine into a generator? [Linked Image]

NOTE: I just saw Mr. Tedesco's message relative to deletion of posts that are not on topic. I'll send this one via private e-mail. The board doesn't allow me to delete the post.

[This message has been edited by ThinkGood (edited 01-22-2003).]