Originally Posted by gfretwell
The problem is that GE does not seem to have a classified breaker that will work in your QO panel.

C/H sent me a message that they are still looking into it.

Thank you. I spoke to inspector this morning. He was appreciative of my situation. In his experience he said resi guys have simply just stopped running multi-wire branch circuits. In hindsight I would not have.
And asking him about the 'tester' he verified what someone hre had said. "they don't work" He told me had spent a couple hundred bucks for this Greenlee tester and it doesn't work. Unlike GFCI, the AFCI reads the sine wave. He told me to try the two pole but he thought it would give nuisance tripping. He also told me a couple stories about the nightmares these AFCI's cause. He even told me he has seen the metal staples cause tripping. Not because they penetrated th sheathing, but because the metal is affecting the sine-wave.
It is not a proven system as of yet, and IMO this is just another example of the manuf. having too much damn say in the codes.

My plan right now is to simply eliminate the second circuit. I'll just re-connect it after the inspction. And I will sleep soundly at night because I know everything was wired safely and grounded.