Sorry I am late again, I was off line thanks to that hurricane that passed through NJ. I was without power for 5 days. If someone came up to my house and didn't present the right credentials, or even if I didn't think the credentials looked correct, I would ask them to leave and have their office call me. Then after they called me, I would call the office (that they said they were with) to confirm that.)

Not for nothing, I am not a scarey looking person, but not many people ask me to see my ID when I go in a house for inspection. They all seem to trust me. Granted, I would hope that they or the contractor told them that I would be coming in for an inspection. Plus, I do not have a problem with any HO looking over my shoulders and asking questions.

In fact 1 time I went out for an inspection of a BA/FA system and the HO asked my ,"What exactly are you looking for?" I think he wanted to know what his permit fee was going to get him. So I explained how I was looking at the work that the alarm installer did, if he grounded his alarm panel, marked the breaker for the alarm circuit, etc. As I was talking to him, I also gave him a red sticker because the alarm guy took out a knockout and never used a bushing or connector to bush the hole, plus he never grounded the panel. So as I was walking out and giving him the red sticker, I said, "This is what I get paid to do. To make sure that the installer did your installation correctly." He couldn't thank me enough. Plus he was happy to see me when I went back to redo the final inspection. Which passed.