Originally Posted by renosteinke

That is, permits and inspections can only work with the voluntary compliance of the public.

This concept in turn suggests that the process needs to have a LOT of flexibility- an interesting challenge, since the nature of bureaucracies is to not be flexible at all.

With VT rentals, yes Reno.

The challenge being, either it's zero (maybe zoning IF the particular township has it) , or everything the state has , fire marshal , electrical & plumbing inspectors

All they have to do is maintain that it's only a 2nd home

Now as a contractor, i'm apt to insist on the whole 9 yards , in case their 'ball game' changes, in order to protect myself.

Usually i'll mention how rough the ski bunny crowd can be , which they do party hard , and @ 3-4K a long weekend i guess you could say they've paid their way for it

I'll also mention landlord liability , and potential insurance woes one could asume renting to said animal house crowd

Lemme tell ya's , being a contractor is tough enough in this economy, using us as point men to open pandor's box places us in a position of situational ethics, which many a trunk slammer will make good on

and no, i'm not policing job sites for the state. (that's a rant i'll save for an appropriate thread)

IMHO, if the state 'dept of public safety' wants to pursue rentals, they can chum up with the state tax collection agency instead of trying to 'flex' the contractual community into it, and then all those out of state landloards, rental agencies, etc can pay the $$$ of retrofitting the life safety they're trying to get outta

~S~

Last edited by sparky; 08/25/11 07:42 AM. Reason: glasses, i hate going blind....