Damn,
That is one tough call you have there mate.
However, one thing I know personally, is that nothing is guaranteed as far as employment is concerned in an industry such as electrical construction/repair.

Adroga, the hardest bit for you is going to be getting the rest of your hours, to make up 8000 of them.
Now I'm not sure how things work in Quebec, but over here in New Zealand, I believe that of the 8000 hours required for registration, only 2-3000 are only actually "wiring time", sure you have other things like installing motors, cable tray and ladder, you name it.

If there is any advice that I can ever give ANY apprentice anywhere in the world, to save yourself a lot of hassles, in the long run keep a diary that you update every day, stating what you did that day and the materials you used when you did it.

It is no good after nearing registration, you find out that the authorities require detailed information of the work you did, when you did it, where you did it, what you used and how you used it.

Believe me, I had this problem when I applied for electrical registration, the authorities want to know that you know what you are doing and that you can give a "paper-trail" of your training.
Record-keeping is a very important aspect of any tradesmans work.

All I can really say is don't lose faith in this industry, it sounds like you have the aptitude to make it in the trade.

Best of luck, man. wink