Originally Posted by ESP
I have been tracking my calls through 800 numbers. I have a different 800 number for each ad, so I know where they called from,their name, time of call etc. All the calls are forwarded to the office. I used to get most of my calls from word of mouth or Idearc (yellowbook in my area was terrible), but now its about 75% word of mouth and website and 25% Idearc (I dropped yellowbook). By using 800 numbers I don't have to ask anyone where they got the number and it is very inexpensive only $2 per month per line plus usage with the provider that I use.

Paul

I still like to ask where they heard about us from.

Sometimes it's a referral but they look you up in the phone book and call that number.

Sometimes they see your truck but look you up in the phone book and call that number.

They might have heard about you through word of mouth but looked you up in the phone book and called that number.

They might hear about you from some other source like a business card, panel sticker, etc. but visit your website and call that number.

If it's internet I also try to find out which search engine they used.

My Point is that where they heard about us from and where they called us from are two different things.

I don't think anyone hears about us from our website. They may visit our website and call that number but I don't think they hear about from the website.

I also track the number of call that are actually leads and not salesman.
I also trakced the number of calls that are leads and the number of leads that are booked.

Some sources generate better leads and book more calls.

Last edited by A-Line; 09/10/09 09:53 PM.