I think every apprentice has at least one job oriented blooper under his belt. We had an apprentice who obviously wasn't focusing on his workmanship. The foreman walked into the room he was working in and found that he was just finishing up installing a recessed lighting can. The only problem was that he installed it upside down. He'll never hear the end of that one. When I first got started, my boss asked me to go to the supply house and pick up a huge amount of 3" DB PVC 20' sticks and deliver it to the job. I thought I was supposed to do it all in one trip. I stacked way to high and way too many conduits. I also used way too few ropes to tie it to the lumber rack. I approached a stop sign and the car in front of me slowed very quickly. As I applied pressure to the brakes, I could see the pipe starting to slide forward. I had no choice but to stop. To make a long story short, the pipe kept going. In what seemed like slow motion I watched as the car in front of me was bombarded. The tail lights exploded and the trunk was
dented beyond repair. I tie stuff down real good now. Anyone else have any stories?? Oh yeah and if you've ever had a ladder chase you down the road, now's your chance to admit it!! smile