Comment (0) is interesting. I've been treating table 8 like it provided for pulling all cables into a raceway. I'm not alone in that. In industrial locations it's fairly common to add an empty raceway to an open trench for future installations.

Example of (4): Several teck cables were installed under a roadway and spare conduits were added for future installations because re-trenching, even with a hydrovac, disturbs the existing cables, a lot. It's unreasonable to put junction boxes on the ends of conduits that are 20 feet apart, and to terminate a 30 pair shielded cable on both ends. I pulled the 30 pair teck through the pipe.

Could it be that if the cable leaves the conduit and enters an enclosure with a properly rated connector, the conduit, at any length, is just protection? I'm aware that pulling the cable into a conduit that ends in a junction box isn't allowed because there isn't a connector on the cable to take any strain and it's impossible to strap the cable inside the conduit.

Another reason I think it must be allowed, is the emt to nmd adapter. What other use can these adapters have?

I'll guess about the poly pipe. Since it doesn't exist in the code book, the cable inside the poly pipe is technically just underground and needs to be rated for underground use. It's like an underground bore that creates a conduit made out of mud. It simply isn't a conduit.

Anyway, before you reject my work, you'll need a shovel to prove that the conduit extends beyond being just protection.