OK, that makes more sense. Sorry for jumping off half-cocked, but since I am now an employer, callbacks are a sensitive subject with me. It's been really bad lately with my technicians. Work has been mighty slow for the past few months, so I almost think that they are intentionally "making mistakes" to ensure more service work. Phone company people used to do that years ago and they got away with it. Fix one thing but break another.

Yes, I probably did fudge the cause for a callback once or twice or....... when I was working for a contractor. I also got my pay check docked when I admitted fault. I tend to think that I made it up on other jobs where I made them a ton of extra profit, but that's still not how it should be done.

I am a firm believer that we should send a different tech. out for callbacks, but we have two problems with that. One is geographics. We need to send the nearest technician on callbacks and since we try to work regions, there's a good chance that the callback will be handled by the original technician.

The second problem: The technicians work together on a daily basis, so they tend to cover each other. Unless they just don't get along, they come up with some miraculous reason why the callback wasn't the technician's responsibility.

"He replaced the defective wire nut on the hot side, but the one on the neutral failed after the fact". We know that's probably not the truth, but hard to argue

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."