leland:
Yes I agree we are getting screwed over.. No doubt about that.. I wont give you the " but you don't understand" bit but I do try to make it work out "even " in the end. Such as if I know what I will be doing the next day I will make sure I am set up the night BEFORE so all I have to do is show up, get my van and scoot.. Its funny the boss doesn't really care what my "punch out" time is.. I think they are just worried about "start times" on invoices or whatever, and thats not my department and never will be LOL I just do the work.

In all fairness my boss is pretty good to me, in his defence, he has shelled out for me to get my drivers licence upgraded to a "DZ" ( small truck with air brake) and has let me borrow several pieces of equipment including the bucket and boom trucks on weekends and has even told me to take my work vehicle home on more than one occasion when he found out my personal vehicle was in the shop for repairs.. That is NOT heard of by my boss in the past EVER! Fuel? "Don't worry about it" he says.. Need a day off? " No problem". It is a very small company I work for, and I do think a little "give and take" goes a LONG way.

A.D