Originally Posted by electure
I'm surprised that so many guys go to work not knowing what their start time is, but still willing to argue over a nickel an hour of wages. I'm also amazed to think that so many contractors don't pay them for the drive, and how few take the time to even look it up.

The law in MA

Travel Pay
The general rule is that commuting to work time is not paid work time. However, the FLSA covers three different forms of travel time for nonexempt employees that may constitute paid worktime. They are travel during the workday, out of town travel and overnight travel.

Travel during the workday that occurs after the employee has reported for work and that is for the benefit of the employer is usually compensable. Employees that travel out of town generally must be compensated for the time the employee is traveling. However, commuting time to the place of departure (e.g. airport, train station) us excluded from paid work time. Overnight travel is compensable when the travel time occurs during the employee's regular work hours. This rule applies even if the employee is traveling on non-regularly scheduled work days (e.g. Saturday or Sunday).

"The law in MA" I'm confused.