Originally Posted by JoeyD
I think the big issue is the guy wants my brother to take a van home and he can't. No room to park it. He can't use it to do anything but to and from work so he needs his own vehicle.
He would still have to go to the shop in the am and not get paid to pick up the other guy and then go to the job or jobs for the day. He is on his own time back to the shop at night and feels it's a fair compromise to be paid for the morning ride to the job from the shop.

leland, I like your thinking and would do the same in a second. You can't be taken advantage of and you must give and take.

It depends what state your in, if your in a state that had their commercial truck insurance tied to comp insurance for medical, then the employye has to be paid when ever he in in the truck, even if he is just the second man, both guys in the truck must be on the clock anytime they are in the truck, a lot of cheap EC's try to cheap out, and just don't understand the gravity of harm that cam come from not folowing the law, until they have an employee in an accident.